Senior Fullstack Developer (PHP/Laravel + VueJS)
We’re a web app company developing solutions for society’s big challenges: particularly climate change. Our main app is Nudj.app, a distributed organizing tool for building powerful networks.
We're looking for a talented full-stack web developer who:
- likes ongoing creative challenges and enjoys working remotely
- lives in Canada
- enjoys a mix of front- and back-end development
- wants to work on new technologies, including mobile apps and integrations
- wants to work on projects that have a positive social impact
Start date: Immediately
In this role, you will:
- Build the right solution: before you write a line of code, know what you are trying to do. Your approach builds the right level of solution for the specific project goals.
- Participate in the technical scoping, design and development of applications, mobile apps, integrations, or other projects and products.
- Manage technical projects throughout the development lifecycle (scope, design, development, test, release, enhance), applying design thinking principles and the best software development practices such as waterfall/Agile methodologies.
Why you want to work here:
You want to do something meaningful for the planet and for society. You want to do work that is relentlessly focussed on the social good. First and foremost you want to do work that enables solutions for climate change by empowering communities, grassroots organizations and companies to be more effective at developing and deploying real solutions that have a tangible impact on lower emissions and building resiliency.
Your track record should include both front end and back end experience, -> solid full-stack development. We'd like extensive website development experience (you've developed at least 5 websites) plus additional expertise in mobile, back-end or other tech projects.
- This role blends both front end and back-end development so you are able to deliver either one or both, depending on the project.
- You have solid experience with Laravel and VueJS, or the proven ability to pick them up quickly.
- Demonstrated experience across the development lifecycle and the ability to independently solve technical problems (with collaborators).
- Willingness and ability to learn and incorporate new technologies, methodologies, or approaches that will help us build better products/outcomes for our clients.
- Working knowledge of security, encryption, and data integration.
- Ability to document your development plans and your work and ensure code quality through meticulous version control and testing both during and after a project.
- Solid project contributor who can track & report on project time, status, risks, dependencies, and issues.
- Detail-oriented developer who can lead troubleshooting, technical support, and client assistance to ensure uptime, performance and reliability. Manage support tickets within the expected time frame and collaborate with clients/internal team members to get to full issue resolution.
- Good communicator with the rest of the team and the ability to speak confidently in meetings about technical decisions you’re making.
- We need you to work quickly and effectively, build systems and processes that support efficiency, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluency in technology - Internally this means Google Apps, Slack, etc.. With projects: APIs (internal and REST), web servers (Unix/Linux), SQL (MySQL/MariaDB), and UI/UX/Design tools (Adobe Creative Suite, etc.).
- We require that you’re a great teammate, a glass-is-full kind of person, and someone for whom no task is ever too small if it helps out the team or a client.
- We’d like you to have at least a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 5+ years post-college technology experience working at a strategic and hands-on level on front and back end development projects.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Send Resumes to: